The little earlier natural childbirth after Cesarean section was absolutely contraindicated. It was connected with a low development of the region of medicine and unwillingness of experts to risk health of mother and the child.
In present time the subsequent pregnancy at the woman can be allowed in the natural way.
However there are certain conditions under which it is possible or contraindicated. What they?
Natural childbirth after Cesarean section – indications and conditions
Natural childbirth is the physiological process put by the nature. Sometimes there are certain reasons because of which this physiological process becomes impossible for the woman, in particular, if the previous pregnancy ended by Cesarean section.
Today experts incline to importance for the woman to give birth to the child in the natural way, considering that the Caesarian was some time ago carried out.
This importance is caused by various factors. For example:
- The reduced risk of developing of a postnatal depression.
- Elimination of probability of development of complications after operation and an anesthesia.
- The fast recovery period at mother.
- Opportunity to avoid development in the child of psychological injuries.
However, to make the decision on opportunity to give rise in the natural way a little for the woman of usual desire.
For this purpose it is necessary to have certain indications and to correspond to some conditions. For example:
- In the anamnesis the woman has only one pregnancy which ended by surgical intervention.
- The second pregnancy proceeded without complications, a break between pregnancies – at least 3 years and at most 6-7 years.
- When carrying out Cesarean section the section of a peritoneum became horizontally.
- Hem on a uterus – well-founded. Seams on a stomach – aren't inflamed.
- The second pregnancy – full-term and not polycarpous.
- The expected weight of the child doesn't exceed 3 kilograms and 300 grams, his sizes correspond with sizes of a basin of mother.
- Position of the child – longitudinal, a head down.
- The placenta fastens to a back wall of a uterus, but not below or on a hem.
- At the woman and the child any pathological processes which would become indications to Cesarean section aren't observed.
The doctor needs for studying to provide an extract about the course of the previous childbirth and pregnancy for making decision on a way of a rodorazresheniye. In it it has to appear about:
- The reasons which influenced making decision on carrying out Cesarean section.
- Possible complications in time and after surgery.
- Method of carrying out surgical intervention, type of sutural material and seams.
- Type of an anesthesia and way of its introduction, duration of childbirth, blood loss volume.
Upon a such extract give to the woman in labor in maternity hospital and as a result of it attach to the out-patient card used for recording of results and complaints of the patient during visit to the gynecologist.
The extract about the previous pregnancy can be taken in theories in archive of maternity hospital. Such records have to be stored during certain time, but, alas, it can't almost be made sometimes.