Around the world glaucoma of an eye is the second leading reason of an irreversible blindness. Glaucoma is characterized by a specific form of progressive damage of the optic nerve proceeding bessimptomno a long time. Glaucoma happens different types and the different reasons provoke it.
Eyesore – one more good reason of a blindness of people of different age. Here only unlike glaucoma, sight can be restored. The main thing – in due time to ask for medical care.
Eye glaucoma: reasons, symptoms, types and forms
The disease it not infectious, and is pathology which affects at first one eye, and later – the second. The interval between damages of both eyes can be from several months to several years.
Reasons of glaucoma of eyes
- Heredity. As a rule, if at someone from relatives in any generation glaucoma took place, it is worth being very attentive to health of eyes and annually to check eye pressure. Glaucoma can be descended.
- The increased intraocular pressure. In most cases, this reason is the main therefore it is necessary to check eye pressure regularly. Normal pressure is considered – the 16-25th a mercury column on Maklakov's tonometer. When pressure too low, an eye becomes "soft" while an elevated pressure, strengthens tension in an eye. The optic nerve is the most susceptible part of an eye to a high pressure because it is easy to damage gentle fibers of this nerve.
Why pressure in an eye can increase?
In forward part of an eye, there is a transparent liquid called – intraocular liquid. It feeds an eye and protects from penetration of pathogenic bacteria.
This liquid is developed by constantly tsiliarny body which surrounds an eye crystalline lens. Intraocular liquid, then passing through a pupil, leaves an eye via tiny channels – the drainage device. These channels are located near eye corners where there is a liquid.
At most of people, these corners are widely open, but some can have them narrow. For example, a normal corner – about 45 degrees while a narrow corner – about 25 degrees or are less.
The balance of development and exit of intraocular liquid provides stability of intraocular pressure. At violation of balance – pressure increases.
The contamination of channels, anatomy of channels, their narrowing can lead to violation of balance of liquid and other. Also excess production of intraocular liquid which doesn't manage to be removed can take place and accumulates round a crystalline lens, putting upon it pressure.
Than the elevated pressure is fraught?
When the elevated pressure remains unaddressed, it destroys an optic nerve. We will remind what exactly the optic nerve transfers information received from a retina, to a brain.
The more strongly the optic nerve collapses, the quality of sight decreases to a total blindness more. As it isn't possibly to restore the destroyed nerve, sight loss – is irreversible.
Thus, glaucoma of eyes – very dangerous disease for sight.
Symptoms of glaucoma of eyes
The most reliable symptoms of glaucoma are:
- Increase of intraocular pressure
- Narrowing of a field of vision. If to compare an eye of the person to a camera lens, at glaucoma a human eye sees as "sees" a camera lens with partially covered lock.
- Change of an optic nerve
Signs of the increased intraocular pressure are:
- Insignificant pain round eyes
- Feeling of discomfort, gripes
- Emergence of "lattice" before eyes, a sight fog
- At a view of any light source, iridescent circles seem
- Heavy feeling and tension in eyes
- Feeling of excessive moisture content of eyes
All this an occasion urgently to check the intraocular pressure and an optic nerve which can already be damaged.
Types and forms of glaucoma of eyes
Glaucoma of eyes happens congenital and acquired.
At a congenital form of glaucoma, high intraocular pressure is diagnosed for kids, is sometimes expressed the pucheglazy. Genetic defects of visual body are the reason of congenital glaucoma.
The acquired glaucoma is a consequence of diseases, the increased nervous excitability, stresses and so on.
The acquired glaucoma happens:
- The open-angle
- The closed-angle
- The secondary
Open-angle glaucoma – the most often met disease form which proceeds almost bessimptomno. In it insidiousness of this form also consists, after all the person doesn't even feel that intraocular pressure rose. Meanwhile, the optic nerve already starts collapsing.
Zakrytotsgolny glaucoma – is shown by bad attacks. For attacks such symptoms as deterioration of health, nausea, vomiting are characteristic. Besides, the diseased feels severe pain in an eye, a headache and bright signs of the increased intraocular pressure. Sharp decrease in sight takes place.
But, despite such expressed symptoms, this form is also artful. Often all these symptoms take for migraine or diseases of internals or systems.
Secondary glaucoma develops against various eye diseases and injuries of an eye. Often its symptoms are similar to an eye disease which preceded glaucoma, and also signs of the increased intraocular pressure.